2013 Main Event Sponsor
Chair 9 Woodfire
Pizza and Bar
(All donations through
WCF NorKa Fund)
Green Fee Beneficiaries
Festival 542/RUN 542
We are very sorry to announce that we have to postpone the RUN 542 until next year due to low pre-registration numbers. It's such an amazing course, and we are very sad to have to cut it this year. We'll be working to get runners up there next year...it's a course that shouldn't be forgotten. Our apologies, and those who have registered for RUN 542 already can either get a refund or transfer their registration to next year.
8.5 Mile Trail Run/Walk
**Times and course may change; check back for updates**
(See map and profile here
1:00 pm: Recreational Start
2:00 pm: Competitive Start
Recreational: all age groups, random prizes
M & W: (8-9, 10-12,) 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
(12 & under must run/walk with an adult)
Competitive: all age groups, cash prize purse, $100 for the 100M sprint, $100 KOM, TBD $$ for first to break 1:05:00 (men), or 1:15:00 (women)
M & W: 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- The Flatlander/Highlander Challenge. 1/2 price entry if you do the Fairhaven 15K in the morning and head up the hill. (Bring proof of entry registration/or results list and your number).
- Recreational: $30 by 7/31, $35 by 8/31, $40 by 9/8
- Competitive: $45 by 7/31, $50 by 8/31, $55 by 9/8
- Add $10 for Shuttle Service from Glacier.
- (price includes: RUN 542 Socks, EAT 542 dinner on Saturday evening in Glacier, random merchandise rewards, participant medal, and an amazing course!
- 12 and under and 70+ are half price (registration fee only).
- 500 max (250 Recreational, 250 Competitive)
- Register on Active.com, from this website or download & mail in by 9/6.
- Shuttle service available for $10.
- Day-of Registration also in Glacier from 10:30-12pm at the registration center.
- Day-of Registration opens at: 12:00pm at the White Salmon Lodge at the Mt. Baker Ski Area.
**Map is posted. Please do NOT pre-run the course within the Mt. Baker Ski Area.
RUN542 climbs nearly 3500 total feet over 8.4 miles of very rough access roads and technical single track in, around and through the legendary Mt Baker Ski Area and the Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie National Forest. Starting at the White Salmon Base Area (el. 3500ft), under the magnificent glaciers of Mt. Shuksan, the course climbs 6 separate and challenging ascents, laced with 5 descents, and tops out at Artist Point (el. 5140ft.) Be aware that you cross SR542 three times – crossing guards will be stationed but please use caution, cars have the right of way. There will be other trail users on the trails; please be courteous to all!
BEARS: This is the wilderness and bears are a part of that. If you spot a bear, PLEASE stop and wait for them to move away. DO NOT APPROACH BEARS!!! It is their home. Bears can become aggressive, especially if cubs are present. DO NOT RISK yourself or other runners.
SNOW: Parts of the run course are covered with snow. All sections of snow have a path cut into them but there are risks of thin snow at any point, especially near the edges. Please use caution at all times and tread lightly. We will do our best to mark thin sections.
There will be ONE neutral Aid Station that you'll hit twice at 4 and 5 miles. This is also your ‘bail-out’ location if you need to stop. Restrooms available here.
BE PREPARED. There is NO pre-running the course below Heather Meadows. This is a special use event and is for one day per year only. Please respect the Ski Area as they are doing important summer work to keep our winters fun and safe. Check out the Bellingham YMCA and Fairhaven Fitness for a fun training program.
REWARDS: Just getting to the TOP and seeing beautiful Mount Baker and Mount Shuksan!!!
SHUTTLE: A shuttle bus will be available from Glacier. Departing at 12pm from downtown Glacier. First come, first serve. $10. We'll transfer you up to White Salmon, collect you at the top, and get you back down to Glacier. For other runners driving up, please try to carpool. We will limited seating available to shuttle runners from the top back down to your cars at White Salmon.
- GREEN REWARD for Competitive Runners: TBD $$ to win and break the Threshold Time. 1:05:00 for men, 1:15:00 for women, plus top 3 in each age category and top 10 overall, plus merchandise.
- Recreational PRIZE PURSE: Merchandise Rewards and Participant Medals.
- EAT 542 - meal in Glacier on Saturday night from 5-8pm. All registered 542 runners will get a free meal…just show your bib number. $5.42 per additional meal.
DIRECTIONS: Get to the town of Glacier. Go East on Hwy 542 from Bellingham 33.5 miles. Or take the Sumas border crossing from Canada and head east along Hwy 547 to Kendall, then East on 542.